Tuesday, March 11, 2008

First to Spring


















"First to Spring"______6x8_________$150 to the first one to ask!
At exactly this time last year, I was driving back from teaching in Rockport, and as the fog cleared over this farm, I stopped to snap a few pictures...The grass is the first to spring. Pecan trees will be the last hold-outs of winter. That's what I see in this painting.
This is my first spring away from our farm, but I will go out there to paint one LAST DAY there in April. I will sell the paintings in a special way, so please stay tuned.
Something new for me: I will get to watch spring emerge on a friend's farm (ranch?) this year. She has asked me to paint her place, so, on Thursday, I will go take a look and introduce myself to some land that is just as special to someone else as my farm was to me.
By The way, I have just FIVE BOOKS LEFT! THANK YOU TO ALL WHO GOT ONE!!!
I will try to re-order soon. If you want one from the first printing e-mail me right away :)
vvaughan8@yahoo.com
Please read my farm update below:
Project Status: Last Year on the Farm ...
NOTE the date correction for the Bone Creek Art Museum opening of "Last Yer on the Farm"...March 19!
-Please click here to read a GREAT REVIEW by Kent Wolgamott in the Lincoln JournalStar: http://journalstar.com/articles/2008/02/03/living/gz/performances/doc47a0e837b407c595235319.txt-THE BOOK is HERE! EMAIL ME to order, or check the BLOG ON JAN. 9 to use the paypal button. Or just mail a check for $34 (includes shipping) to: V....Vaughan, 2606 Starling Dr., Round Rock, TX 78681-Most of the exhibit will be held over at the Great Plains Museum until THE END of March. It's going WELL and the museum has told me it is a "Stunning Success".- The seasons of 24 will open at the BRAND NEW Bone Creek Museum of Agrarian Art on March 19. I'll be there for the opening reception. David City, NE, on Sunday, March 30.

1 comment:

Roxanne Steed said...

ACK!!! - is this still available?? I want it!!!please! I have enjoyed the book SO VERY MUCH! - it's an absolute delight - BOTH the pictures and the story of your year - very moving and I just love it! Cheers, Roxanne