Sunday, March 16, 2008

Green Fields at First


"Green Fields at First"....6 x 8 oil....$150
Guess where I was all weekend. Out in the fields! Not farm fields, this time...but happy to have brought my paints to the ball field in Abilene, TX as Mary Hardin-Baylor whupped up on Hardin Simmons. A couple of Baptist Universities battling it out. My team came out on top (UMHB), and my son pitched a couple of fine innings in a Saturday win.
The mower patterns have always enthralled me...I did three little paintings Saturday. This is #1, and it has some really nice brush work. E-mail me if you want to see it bigger.
Now, about the Farm....
Next batch of books are on the way! If you want one, e-mail me right away:)vvaughan8@yahoo.com
Project Status: Last Year on the Farm ...NOTE the date correction for the Bone Creek Art Museum opening of "Last Yer on the Farm"...March 19!-Please click here to read a GREAT REVIEW by Kent Wolgamott in the Lincoln JournalStar: http://journalstar.com/articles/2008/02/03/living/gz/performances/doc47a0e837b407c595235319.txt-THE BOOK is HERE! EMAIL ME to order, or check the BLOG ON JAN. 9 to use the paypal button. Or just mail a check for $34 (includes shipping) to: V....Vaughan, 2606 Starling Dr., Round Rock, TX 78681
-Most of the exhibit will be held over at the Great Plains Museum until THE END of March. It's going WELL and the museum has told me it is a "Stunning Success".
- The seasons of 24 will open at the BRAND NEW Bone Creek Museum of Agrarian Art on March 19. I'll be there for the opening reception. David City, NE, on Sunday, March 30.

No comments: