Monday, March 10, 2008

Sam on the mound


Samuel on the Mound from my sketchbook, Friday
It was a good weekend for the Round Rock Dragons (freshman team). They won all their games and came from behind a couple times. This kid pitched a pretty good 4 or 5 innings and had a good record behind the plate, too!
It's spring break and today I started painting the farm again!
Well, I have about 10,000 photos I took over the years, and I have had the urge to paint from them lately! I am going to present some "daily paintings" for the next few days...small FARM paintings that can go to whoever wants them first!
If you are a member of my BLOG-MAIL, you will get the image about an hour before I post it on Blogger...if you are not a member, yet, just click the button at right that says "Join" and from now on you will get my art in an e-mail every time I post (almost every day.
Project Status: Last Year on the Farm ...-In April, I will return to the farm to paint a LAST DAY, 24 paintings in 24 hours.The series of paintings will be my big "goodbye". I want to do this while Spring is in the air. New life, new growth and all the symbolism of "Life Goes On". These paintings will be made available in MAY!-Please click here to read a GREAT REVIEW by Kent Wolgamott in the Lincoln JournalStar: http://journalstar.com/articles/2008/02/03/living/gz/performances/doc47a0e837b407c595235319.txt-THE BOOK is HERE! EMAIL ME to order, or check the BLOG ON JAN. 9 to use the paypal button. Or just mail a check for $34 (includes shipping) to: V....Vaughan, 2606 Starling Dr., Round Rock, TX 78681-Most of the exhibit will be held over at the Great Plains Museum until THE END of March. It's going WELL and the museum has told me it is a "Stunning Success".- The seasons of 24 will open at the BRAND NEW Bone Creek Museum of Agrarian Art on March 19. I'll be there for the opening reception. David City, NE, on Sunday, March 30.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are looking forward to seeing you on March 30 Virginia. Your show will open MARCH 19. Don't want anyone to miss 9 days of the show!
Carol Moseman Bone Creek Museum of Agrarian Art