Tuesday, May 06, 2008

10 of 24 in 24 Hours-Last of the Sandhills


"10 of 24 in 24 Hours - Last Day on the Farm"....sale starts May 15
The sun started braking through at the end of the day and some visitors came by! Doug and Mary Milligan (who practically adopted me in High School!) stopped by to hang out for an hour or so, which was a really nice break for me! I painted 5 or 6 while listening to a ballgame on the radio just before they came!
While standing by the trucks talking, I saw this great group of sandhill cranes approaching. They flew nearly overhead. These MUST have been the VERY last group of the year to head north! ...about a month later than the early groups of cranes...procrastinators, for sure! It was fun to see the excitement of my friends there, watching this string of graceful wildlife...a familiar sight on my farm...much more meaningful when shared with friends!!!
DON'T FORGET!!! THIS WEEKEND is the airing of my interview with the Texas Country Reporter. In Austin it will be at 7:30 am on KEYE-42. Click here for a station in your area.
I will be in Rockport, delivering the 365 Farm Paintings. As I type this, my son, Tanner and his pal Adrian are driving a mini-van from Enterprise back from the Bone Creek Museum in NE.
Yes, a couple of cool college guys in a mini van...I knew it would keep the girls away and keep their mind on the job :)
Please e-mail me if you need info on the Rockport Exhibit, Austin Monthly Magazine's story, my upcoming workshops or other news!

No comments: