Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Shady Shed


"The Shady Shed"________8x10__________$300 if you ask first!
This is a mama by the woodshed...we have all been there!
Happy Mother's Day to EVERYONE who is or has one!...I just got back from delivering the farm art to Rockport, for the opening of "Last Year on the Farm"...
This painting above was a demo at the workshop in Marble Falls, TX last week. The real lesson here was using a LIMITED PALETTE of only four paint colors. I worked from one of my photos of our beloved farm.
It was nearly done at the demo, but you who were there can now see the "carved out cows" as I brought the background in around them to show better forms.
Did anyone catch my spot on the Texas Country Reporter? I must say, they did a beautiful story...I did cry a little...will talk more about it tomorrow.
***PLEASE come to the reception in Rockport, TX, next Saturday, May 17, from 4 - 7. I will give a little talk at 4:30. Come early in the day to watch the demos and follow us around as we paint, or TAKE THE WORKSHOP and paint with me! I hold nothing back at workshops, and tell you ALL MY SECRETS!...well except ONE! ;)
The show will be there from May 14 - June 14.

No comments: