Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sunset Hour By Charlotte's



"Sunset Hour by Charlottes'"___6x8 oil on fine linen panel____$150
The moon was just coming up as the sun set behind me. I painted this from the Fulton Inn second floor walkway, while cool breezes moved the palms. (in the Rockpot, TX area)
***Next Rockport workshop day, June 21...please join us! We'll paint the famous oak trees, after a morning at Cove Harbor...contact me if you can come: vvaughan8@yahoo.com
***I just returned from a great trip to the Phippen Museum Western Art Show in AZ. My oil painting, Egret Thunder won third place in the oil category...my friend Denise's Pastel won first place in pastels!
***Hello to new friends in Amarillo! The workshop day at Palo Duro was a blast! Literally! We were "sand blasted" by a dust storm at the end of the day, Thursday, but went back for great paintings on Friday...I'llpost some of the painting demos soon...
***TOMORROW starts the Last 24 auctions :)

1 comment:

Alanda said...

Looking at this makes me feel like I took a bit of a vacation. =)