Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Reason

Merry CHRISTmas!
Here is this year's design for the Round Rock Christian Academy choir performance. I hope you "get" the symbolism!
Mrs. Brinegar is my good friend and leads the wonderful youth choirs. Each year she lets me design the tee shirts that the kids wear. She has been at the school 20 years, one year longer than I....and I have recently let the school know that I will not be back next semester. I am REALLY sad to leave the best "real job" I ever had. All my best friends are on staff at the school...more than friends, they are sisters and brothers. These are wonderful, supportive people who share the same passion for teaching and developing excellence in educating young people. Most of the staff has worked there for 10 years or better...it's a great school...my children all went there for many years. ...For the past few years, I have had the need to take a week here and a week there to travel to the many art shows, and now workshops. Doors are opening for me to do what I have always dreamed of doing: FULL TIME PAINTER. I have to say that God is opening doors, So starting in Mid-January...here I go!...MERRY CHRISTmas!

3 comments:

Alanda said...

It is beautiful!

Cecelia said...

Love the design! I always enjoyed doing projects with other departments when I was teaching.
I was going to design a Christmas card for my blog, but wound up doing a drawing of a memory. Wrapping gifts at the counter in the old Conitz Dry Goods store (Mud Creek Pottery, now).
Good luck with your new directions! It's good to be able to change what you are doing, on your own terms and not hang on until a "kick in the pants" makes you move on to where you need to be. I don't know how you have time to do all that you do! And do it all so well!
Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work.