Friday, December 05, 2008

Jia with Soup

" Jia with Soup"___8x5 pencil on drawing paper____$75 includes shipping
It was a cold day at the zoo for my high school students. We went to sketch. There were 16 people at the zoo - 13 of them were US! The Cameron Park Zoo in Waco is a little gem, and I highly recommend it, especially if you enjoy JUST ANIMALS and not hoards of people. It is small, easy to get around in and the exhibits are nicely done...not fancy...simple. I especially liked the Brazos River Country trail. It's brand new and full of Texas animals like coyotes and Buffalo. I will post the animal drawings next week. I had not expected to draw the kids, but ended up with a couple sketches of them. Jia is one of our international students. This doesn't look much like her, but the gesture was nice.
I will be going back to the zoo in a few days with the middle school students. So give me some suggestions about what to sketch at the zoo!!!...tomorrow night (Saturday, Dec. 6) is the reception for the Whistle Pik Miniatures Show. Please join me there, 6 - 8 in Fredericksburg, TX.

1 comment:

Karen Hargett said...

Hi V- I didn't know about that zoo. I will have to check it out. As far as suggestions for animal drawings . . . lions, tigers and bears - oh my! Birds too ;-)