Friday, April 24, 2009

Bottomland_20 x 60



Bottomland__20 x 60 oil on linen___available at Whistle Pik Galleries, Fredericksburg, TX

Click image to see it HUGE!

I am delivering this one today to the BEST GALLERY in Texas, which now represents me! I can't wait to see this painting of my FAVORITE PLACE (the Farm) under the fabulous lights at the gallery. It's been a while since I painted a big one of the farm. A few days ago I posted the first stage of this on my BLOG. see April 18 for the early version. A few people e-mailed to say that I should put more bluebonnets in the foreground, so I did(...and all the white spots in the first draft were future bluebonnets)...if you want a fun road trip Saturday, drive through Fredericksburg to see this and then come over to Kerrville to see my works at the Western Art Museum's "Round Up"...tonight is a special "Meet the Artists" event, but there are festivities all weekend...there is a charge to get in, but the art will hang for a few weeks

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Carol Nelson said...

V - this is a GORGEOUS painting. You're right - that detail would stand on it's own as a painting.
You really nailed this one.