Sunday, April 12, 2009

More on Composition___State 1

"Between the Day_state 1"_20 x 60 oil on linen____see a better composition tomorrow!
I hope you will scroll down to refer to the other paintings here, as I talk about them. A couple weeks ago I posted the FIRST state of the bottom painting, "Twilight Gathering"...I told about how important composition is, and made changes. This painting received some GREAT attention at the art show, and just sold. ...That brings me to the middle painting, "Between the Lights". It's a new one ready for the Museum of Western Art in Kerrville's big annual sale called "Round Up". Some of the best western artists will be there, including Mark Kohler and Bill Nebeker, Bill Mittag and others...a gallery owner I know liked this one, but wants to see something with a different proportion, so I tried the one above!!!!
It is a similar painting, but a brand new proportion, and composition that SEEMED like a good idea, but, as large as it is, I see the need to re-compose. I have a GREAT idea (I HOPE!) on how to make this a WAY BETTER composition. I will post it tomorrow to see what y'all think!
I hope the "change" will be the RIGHT one...we shall see!!! I will tell you the "whys" of all this tomorrow...for now, I hope you had a great and meaningful Easter. Don't let Easter get too far away till you take a moment to REALLY think about what it all means....wow

"Between the Lights"__24 x 30 oil on linen __available April 24, at Round Up, Kerrville, TX


"Twilight Gathering"___24 x 24 oil on linen___just sold at Cowgirl Up! in Wickenburg, AZ



1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

wonderful!! Big Big Big!