Saturday, April 11, 2009

Night Prayer_20x16


"Night Prayer"___20x16 Oil on linen___for Round Up, April 24-26, Kerrville, TX
I finished this painting today, and had to photograph it in the dark...not the best thing to do....It is another painting at La Bahia Presidio in Goliad, TX. The place where Col. Fannin and 400 of his men were massacred by Santa Ana. Their mass grave is in the back. It is an historic, beloved and revered Texas landmark, and at night it is quiet and still...you can almost feel the prayers that must have been said there over the years. Goliad is still a quiet town, and this spot feels isolated, though it is right along the highway.
I painted this one for display at "Round Up", the premier event at the Museum of Western Art in Kerrville, TX. Below is your invitation to this event on April 24-25. I will be there , so I hope you can come to meet me and see my latest works.... click on the image to enlarge

2 comments:

Art with Liz said...

This is beautiful V. You've certainly brought the stillness and peace through into your work.

Leslie Saeta said...

Your paintings are lovely ... especially this one.