Saturday, November 01, 2008

Observer__12x9___V....Vaughan

"Observer"---12 x 9 pencil on archival paper__$75 if you ask first!
Romeo , our "good dane" strikes another pose. I have to be careful when drawing him, because if he sees me looking at him, he thinks I need a hug from him and gets up to come over and "lean" on me. I have to be discreet and look away when he looks my way.
Today it has been exactly a year since I left the farm. So, it was a special treat to get to go paint the sunrise again on my favorite land. I was joined by a few members and friends of Plein Air Austin. The sunrise was MAGNIFICENT and awe inspiring...I will post the paintings next week.

2 comments:

Deb Kirkeeide said...

These sketches of Romeo are just wonderful.

Liza Hirst said...

I agree! They are beautiful!
And so is Romeo!