Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wherefore Art

"Wherefore Art Thou, Linda"___12 x 9 pencil on archival paper for Linda
While on our recent ski trip, our Good Dane, ROMEO stayed with our friends Linda and Matt. Linda called with updates...Romeo was attached, and never let her out of his sight....I drew this for Linda to remember "her" Romeo....And, yes, I know that "wherefore" means "WHY" and not "where"....but I am not sure Linda knows that and it's her drawing! heeheeheee
NEWS >>>>
TEXAS STATE ARTIST FINALIST...That's my official status, now! Our state legislators will now choose! Guess I need to get serious and find a LOBBYIST! hahaha
PASSING AMERICA: The Great Plains A solo exhibit at the Great Plains Art Museum will open in October, 2011. I will be painting on the plains for a few years..."drive-by" paintings to depict the "Passing" of ...things :) More info to come! Should I remind you as the date draws near??? This will be a BIG PROJECT for me
Rodeo Art Grand Champion...My student, Jerrod, is the champ this year! see blog post of 1-12
THANK YOU to Shannon and Becky K. for visiting me today in my VERY LAST teaching day at RRCA. You made NEW memories for me to go with our old ones!!! I hope you love your Farm Painting from my LAST YEAR.

2 comments:

Art with Liz said...

Aaaaah, he's so CUTE!

Cecelia said...

Congratulations on your nomination for Texas State Artist. Hope you win!
The plains paintings do sound like a big project.
The Romeo dawing is so nice. Your animals are amazing!
And, congratulations on surviving teaching! Hope you got lots of photos and labeled them!