Tuesday, May 05, 2009

A Bad Day Fishing is STILL Better Than...

"A Bad Day Fishing is STILL Better Than..."__7 x 5 oil on linen panel__$100
Another one from my recent adventure at the Southeastern Plein Air Festival in Gadsden, AL.
I painted two different people fishing at this spot and never saw a fish get caught...but I never saw HAPPIER people, either....fishing seems to be a lot like painting, on the "happiness scale"...
Please keep the sweet folks of Gadsden, AL in your prayers: a week before their first ever plein air festival, they lost Pat in a car wreck...she was a beloved museum board member, and we even had a party for her last Wednesday night. I sat by another board member, Sylvia, who was SO beautiful and interesting, telling me LOTS of stories about Gadsden and her rich life as a professional ballerina. Well, Sylvia was killed right after the event, in yet another tragic accident. Gadsden and the Museum are reeling from these two great losses....

No comments: