Friday, May 15, 2009

Red Roper_14 x 11

"Red Roper"___14 x 11 oil on linen__Framed___ for Phippen Western Art Show
Travelling back from town last summer, I crossed paths with a rodeo in progress. Here is another painting from that stash of photos. This painting was hard to photograph (I have been saying that a lot lately...I wonder if my camera is dying?), and the cowboy's face looks REALLY red here, but the title refers to his shirt! I kind of like the exaggerated redness of the photo! hmmm
...As I get ready for the Phippen Museum Western Art Show, and my travels to Arizona next week, I am painting smaller ones for the sale. You'll see them in the next few days, with a few surprises, too!
Join my Fredericksburg, TX workshop, June 5 - 7:
"Painting Fast Every Day, and What to do With All Those Studies"
YES! I will teach how to paint better, as you paint more often, and give lots of instruction that will automatically make you faster. If you are coming, start painting NOW...use a small canvas, do a simple composition, spend an hour or less, then lay everything out to do it again tomorrow!!...See you there!

2 comments:

Roxanne Steed said...

This is wonderful & realllllly captures the ACTION!

Vicki Shuck said...

Very nice!! You're inspiring!!