Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Past Grants

"Past Grants"___4 x 4 oil on linen__a tiny drive-by painting $75
I had a passenger last week on the way to Prescott. I picked up Cindy in Mountainair, NM at her ranch, and brought her to Prescott with me since her parents live there. It was a nice night spent on her ranch and here is a little view we saw on the way out. ...Need a ride some place??? When I give you a ride, I make you drive so I can paint, by the way....
...I drove from Las Cruces, NM to Waxahachie, TX today and am settled down at Sandy and Ken's place for the night. Tomorrow I will judge the DeSoto Art League's big art show, then I will teach a FULL workshop on Friday...I can't wait! On June 5 - 7 I will teach in Fredericksburg, TX and there are still a few slots left in the class. I like smaller groups so that I can spend more time with individuals, so e-mail if you'd like to come. vvaughan8@yahoo.com We will be focusing on painting fast (and that includes PREPARING to paint fast: drawing well, designing efficiently, and knowing when to stop...and maybe painting "two at once"...not for the sake of speed, but to train your eye to decide and settle... )

No comments: