Thursday, May 07, 2009

Heavy Morning on the Coosa

"Heavy Morning on the Coosa"__5 x 7___$100 (…I will remove the clip at the bottom…promise!)This was my warm-up painting on the day we painted on the Coosa River at the Southeastern Plein Air Festival in Gadsden, AL last week. It's a tiny one, but the mood is good. There is a little Egret flying by and sparkles in the water...This is a beautiful river in the northern hills of Alabama. The area reminds me a lot of Austin.... Workshop season is winding down for me. My Rockport workshops are done till Fall, the May 30 Workshop in Waxahachie, TX is full (well, we have room to squeeze in one or two more, MAX). But my big workshop in Fredericksburg, TX, June 5-7 has a few spots left, still. This will be a real working workshop, and I guarantee improvement and inspiration! I teach a few things that no one else touches and it's in the most beautiful part of Texas. I make myself available even "after hours" because there is always someone like me, who hates to end the day! in this case, we sill be painting at sunset and beyond on Saturday...a special session I have planned. The Friday evening is set aside for Fredericksburg's famous First Friday Art Walk event, and we'll have a reception at the school for my Last Year on the Farm paintings, but since the class will have already spent the day browsing the show, I will urge everyone to go to town and visit Whistle Pik Galleries and some of the other neat shops and restaurants...I am calling the workshop "Painting Fast Every Day...and What To Do With All Those Field Studies"...the long title says it all...I promise a good time and a LOT of improvement and info. Email me if you are interested vvaughan8@yahoo.com

No comments: