Tuesday, July 21, 2009

COLD and Rainy__6 x 8 oil__V....Vaughan

"Cold and Rainy"___6 x 8 oil study on linen panel____$150 if you ask first
My hands froze while painting this TODAY...yes, July 21...it was 50 degrees cold and rainy. Our porch overlooks the beautiful Conejos River, and the San Juan Mountains...I KNOW my Texas friends are SCREAMING in the dusty heat, and I don't mean to rub it in, but:
a h h h h h h ! What a difference 850 miles and 8,000 feet of elevation makes. But, honestly, I really prefer hot Texas weather, and those warm nights where you can wear shorts at the baseball games....
Tomorrow I'll be going acrooss the pass to paint near Ghost Ranch in New Mexico: Georgia O'Keefe country. I hope I have enough RED!

1 comment:

k and c's mom said...

Colorado!!! I hope to be blogging from Maine in the next few weeks. Tell the family hello for me.