Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Colorado North Star__6 x 8

"Colorado North Star" 6 x 8 oil on linen__a study for a BIG ONE___$250 if you want it

The half-moon was up behind me, glowing off these clouds. Somewhere behind the mountain there was a thunderstorm which fickered under these clouds. It was far enough away that we couldn't hear the thunder. I am continually amazed at how dark the Colorado skies are, and appreciate that our canyon runs due north-south, because I like to watch the weather roll down from the north. At night the North Star is BRILLIANT, as are every star in every other constellation....I will be painting this again BIG for my galleries!

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

I notice you prime your paintings with your heart. I saw a TX Country Reporter with your story of 365 paintings of the farm. I cried as I am a returning painter at age 56 and have found painting to be so fulfilling. Your biblical reference you reap what you sew was fantastic and your attitude of gratitude. I am grateful for each and everyday that I can paint. God has blessed me and you have inspired me. Thanks

V....Vaughan said...

I ususally reply to such comments personally, but I clicked everything and couldn't find you....THANK YOU, MaryBeth, for such a NICE warm comment. Please send your e-mail address if you have a chance :)

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I love the rich feeling of nighttime in this one.