Friday, July 17, 2009

Turps__6 x 8 0il__V....Vaughan

"Turps"__6 x 8 oil on linen___$150 if you can wait till it dries!
A couple days ago I sketched the turp can for C. in her sketchbook at the Western Art Academy. Of course it stays with her when she goes home tomorrow. I had quite a few e-mails from fellow artists who ALL have similar cans, and are even sentimental about them! So I painted the can again FOR ME! This is my bigger can. It was my SMALLER can which tumbled down the alligator slide in SC last February. I fished it out with my bare hands....(remember that adventure?) ....well, I finished my teaching of 24 amazing young artists today! Their exhibit and sale is tomorrow at the Museum of Western Art in Kerrville. PLEASE come if you can! Many wonderful works are for sale at student prices.

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Virginia, you are a dynamo. You fished that thing OUT?
Love these little paintings and your drawing skills are so sharp from constant practice.