Thursday, December 20, 2012

#12 Scissor Tail

Scissor Tail Flycatcher__8x8 watercolor pencil sketch__$250 includes shipping
# 12 for the Bird Seed Project
Early summer brings these scissor tails to my part of Texas....I have many memories of seeing them at the horse stables when I was a little girl, and they loved the telephone wires at our farm. Last summer I kept my camera nearby ON PURPOSE to try to get good pictures of this bird SPECIFICALLY...It was then that I found out that they are hard to shoot, because they are very wary and fly away!. Tonight I was browsing some bird photography sites, and noticed that the other photographers had pictures similar to mine: far away and sitting on a wire....
Merry CHRISTmas!
****
Ask Santa for the adventure of a lifetime!
A Painting Holiday in New Zealand March 3-9, 2015

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

fantastic little watercolor, V.
Loving your bird paintings!