Thursday, December 06, 2007

Bluebonnets and Primrose


"Bluebonnet and Primrose Meadow"....appx. 21 x 26 ...ORIGINAL watercolor FRAMED...$300 including shipping if you are first to ask! This is a nice big painting at a "STEAL" of a price ;)

This looks a LOT like yesterday's painting, but it's Primroses instead of Paintbrush with the great Texas Bluebonnets. Here is the same info from yesterday...
The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is my favorite attraction in Austin. Since their earliest days, 25 years ago, I have been active there, showing art and supporting their events.I frequently paint there, (these days in oils). But I got my start at The Wildflower Center painting wildflowers in great detailed watercolors. I even have a personal letter from Mrs. Lady Bird Johnson, complementing me on my primrose painting (I will BLOG that painting in a few days). It is a cherished memento, along with photos of her with me and my children. She was a VERY nice, warm and gracious lady who I was pleased to meet a number of times.The painting above is one of these fine originals that needs a good home as I make room in my new studio.

No comments: