Monday, December 24, 2007

Light over the Stable


"Last Year on the Farm, Christmas Day, 2006: Light Over the Stable"...all 365 "Last Year..." Paintings are on display at the Great Plains Art Museum in Lincoln, NE from Jan 2 - Mar 14. Please stop by!
Last Year I painted this early in the morning, while the toll road lights were sitill on.
When I finished it I noticed that the bright light was positioned over the little barn where the cows huddle from the cold. This was a perfect Christmas painting of "lowing cattle", and the "star" pointing the way to the miracle birth of Our Lord and Savior's birth.
May this Christmas Season be your most memorable, as you, too, seek the Reason for the Season....
Merry CHRISTmas!
I will be back on the 26th with some exciting news!

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Virginia,
How I wish I could see the show. Post some photos of the exhibit on your blog. 365 paintings is AMAZING!

Liza Hirst said...

What a beauty!
All the best for your show!