Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Double Yucca

Double Yucca___6x8 oil study on linen___$250
I have been painting springtime in the Hill Country, going out with friends
into the fields and creek beds of Central Texas. I grew up on Walnut Creek,
which winds through East Austin. We LIVED there on those limestone banks, and
I have many stories of getting stabbed by these yucca plants, stepping on
mesquite thorns, and even sitting on prickly pear....I dreaded these sharp encounters
but I always thought these are the prettiest plants around!....Come paint with me
at a workshop this summer!






_____________________V....Vaughan Spring Schedule______________________











April 9-13, Southeastern Plein Air Festival, Gadsden, AL





Memorial Dy Weekend-May, Phippen Museum Western Art Show, Prescott, AZ





Summer Workshops in Texas, Colorado and more!





...see my schedule for more dates and events

No comments: