Sunday, April 15, 2012

Gertrudis Grazing

Gertrudis Grazing____6x8 oil on linen panel___$250 to the Gadsden Museum of Art
Here is the "right facing" cow I painted on location the other day in Alabama, while at the same time painting a left facing one....It seemed that whenever I worked on the left, the small herd grazed in the other direction. So, I picked up this canvas to paint the view moving right and the herd would switch back...when all was said and done, I let there with 2 and 1/2 paintings! ...the 1/2 was my attemt to paint a cow while it came toward me, but I ran out of time...



_______________V....Vaughan Spring Schedule________________


April 9-13, Southeastern Plein Air Festival, Gadsden, AL


Memorial Dy Weekend-May, Phippen Museum Western Art Show, Prescott, AZ


Summer Workshops in Texas, Colorado and more!


...see my schedule for more dates and events

No comments: