Thursday, April 12, 2012

Porch Light

Porch Light___16x12 oil on canvas panel___$900

Here is my "quick draw" painting which I did today at the Southeastern Plein Air Festival. We painted in the historic homes area of Gadsden, Alabama....We were given 2 hours and could paint anywhere on the block...I stayed a little long at the morning location which was our own choice...of course I chose to paint at a farm nt far from here. So, on the way to the Historic area of town, I took a coupe wrong turns and came a few minutes late...then I could not settle on what to paint till I saw this little vase on a porch. I had to "scoot" to do this in an hour and a half.

On Friday, the "public" gets to purchase the paintings we have all been doing this week...
See the museum blog for info on the activities, and some of the paintings have been posted...


_______________V....Vaughan Spring Schedule________________





April 9-13, Southeastern Plein Air Festival, Gadsden, AL





Memorial Dy Weekend-May, Phippen Museum Western Art Show, Prescott, AZ





Summer Workshops in Texas, Colorado and more!





...see my schedule for more dates and events

1 comment:

Susan Roux said...

Lovely piece.