Thursday, April 05, 2012

Dusky Blues

Dusky Blues__6x8 oil on linen___$250
Tuesday I told about a thing I do (and TEACH) about location painting: capturing QUICKLY the first thing that will change...see the post and "lesson"...

This study had a fading sky with dramatic color that was going away fast. so, I

started here...then I grabbed the contrast before it mellowed into an "average".

Plein air painting has a certain STRATEGY. My strategy helps artists to SEE and capture things

FAST! I plan my workshops around interesting sky (and astronomical) features, always hoping that the sky cooperates! It usually does!...check out my upcoming workshops and join us

"out there"!



_____________V....Vaughan Spring Schedule______________

April 9-13, Southeastern Plein Air Festival, Gadsden, AL

Memorial Dy Weekend-May, Phippen Museum Western Art Show, Prescott, AZ

Summer Workshops in Texas, Colorado and more!

...see my schedule for more dates and events

No comments: