Friday, April 13, 2012

Gallant Angus

Gallant Angus____6x8 oil on linen panel_____$250 unframed
This is a Gallant Angus merely because I painted at a farm on Gallant Road today in Gadsden, Alabama. This is a beautiful area in Northern Alabama...mountains, rivers and friendy people who truly enjoy being hospitable to "tresspassing" artists :)
This angus was moving left when I began the painting, but she turned to the right with the whole herd. I picked up a second canvas and began another painting of a "right moving" cow...I was able to complete both paintings by moving back and forth between the canvases as the cows traversed the field...I will post the "right" one tomorrow


_______________V....Vaughan Spring Schedule________________






April 9-13, Southeastern Plein Air Festival, Gadsden, AL






Memorial Dy Weekend-May, Phippen Museum Western Art Show, Prescott, AZ






Summer Workshops in Texas, Colorado and more!






...see my schedule for more dates and events

No comments: